Since 1994, the Donate Life Education Assessment has funded a large portion of all Donate Life America programs and activities. It is an opportunity for all members of the donation and transplantation community to pool their resources and present a unified, national voice to the American public, motivating them to Donate Life℠.
The Donate Life Education Assessment invoices are sent out each year in the beginning of September.
Transplantation starts with donation, and donation starts with donor registration. Donate Life America’s work increases the number of donor registrations. In 2021, more than 50% of organ donors were authorized by a registry. Donor registration leads to the majority of lifesaving transplants that your team makes possible.
What do funds collected through the Donate Life Education Assessment make possible?
- Motivating 170 million Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors.
- Management and promotion of the Donate Life brand.
- Management of the mobile-friendly National Donate Life Registry, RegisterMe.org, with thousands of registrations daily – more than 10 million total.
- Development of the National Donate Life Living Donor Registry with financial support from Fresenius Medical Care Foundation.
- Partnering with technology leaders like Apple Inc. to bring donation registration to smart phones.
- Research on public attitudes towards donation.
- Continued research to identify trusted sources and effective messaging to reach multicultural communities about the importance of donation and donor registration.
- Development of a living donation educational brochure.
- Quarterly data reports with online access and interactivity, data visualization and trend identification.
- Connecting the Donate Life Community through meetings, free webinars and the sharing of best practices.
- Management of the Donate Life America Community Site, DLACommunity.net.
- National initiatives like Flags Across America.
- Management of the public facing Donate Life America Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram pages with over 300,000 followers combined.
- National public website (DonateLife.net), with over 1,000,000 visitors yearly.
- Tool kits for National Observances like National Donate Life Month, National Minority Donor Awareness Month, and National DMV Appreciation Month.
On what is the assessment amount based?
2022/2023 Assessment Fees
Transplant centers = Number of transplants performed
OPOs = Population served
<2.5 million $2,875
2.5-5 million $5,800
>5 million $8,600
Independent histocompatibility labs = Total cadaver kidney transplants
How does the work of Donate Life America benefit my organization?
Transplantation starts with donation, and donation starts with education, inspiration and donor registration. Donate Life America’s work increases the number of committed donors. In 2021, more than 50% of organ donors were authorized by a registry. Donor registration leads to the majority of lifesaving transplants that your team makes possible.
Specifically, what does my organization “get” for paying the assessment?
- Your support of the Donate Life Education Assessment is a statement to the patients and community you serve of your organization’s commitment to helping the more than 100,000 Americans waiting today.
- Continued access to and use of the Donate Life brand, promotional products and educational materials.
- Free webinars, resources and opportunities to network and share best practices through DLACommunity.net.
- Direct access to donor designation data, news releases and exclusive research reports.
- Valuable outreach programs and materials for use in your organization and your communities.
- The list of all institutions that have paid the Donate Life Education Assessment are listed on DonateLife.net and in the Donate Life America Annual Update.
- Payment of the assessment is also a sign to your colleagues across the country of your leadership in increasing the number of organ, eye and tissue donors.
Thank you to the organizations who have supported the Donate Life Education Assessment
Please contact Casey Watkins with any questions.