Read about Donate Life America’s financial stewardship and successes in donor designation, donation education and public promotion activities.
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
Donate Life America is able to perform its vital work with revenue from three main funding sources:
- Contributions from individuals, corporate partners and education assessment supporters
- Revenues from the product sales and services to the donation community
- License fees and event registration fees
FY 2022 Operating Expenses
Donate Life America is proud to report that more than
89 percent of dollars spent in this fiscal year went directly to support our mission.
Total Operating Expenses: $2,358,641
Mission spending includes:
- Education programs
- Campaign materials
- National Donate Life Registry
- National meetings and conferences
- Web & technology
Supporting services include:
- Management & general
- Fundraising expenses
What do financial contributions make possible?
National Leadership & Collaboration
- Management and promotion of the Donate Life brand – the national symbol for the cause of organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Educating the public on the importance of registering as a donor and sharing that decision with family. There are currently more than 170 million people registered including more than 10 million in the National Donate Life Registry.
- Continuing to provide hope to those waiting for a lifesaving transplant. In 2022, more than 42,000 organ transplants were performed as a direct result of Donate Life America’s efforts.
- Ensuring a culture of sustained innovation within the donation and transplantation community.
National Donate Life Registry
- Management of the mobile-friendly, secure National Donate Life Registry, RegisterMe.org.
- Partnering with technology leaders to bring donation registration to all smart phones.
- The creation of the National Donate Life Living Donor Registry, built as a part of the National Donate Life Registry, projected to launch in 2023.
Public Education & Outreach
- Research on public attitudes towards donation to inform education initiatives.
- Reaching diverse communities to drive organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Educating the public on the importance of living donation.
- Development and implementation of national marketing campaigns, print materials, and digital resources to educate the public on organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Management and growth of the Donate Life America social media platforms and our public website, DonateLife.net.
Donate Life America, as a tax-exempt non-profit organization, annually files a Form 990 with the Internal Revenue Service to provide information to the public on the organization’s finances, public support, and activities.
DLA’s tax identification number is 54-1626038.