Read about Donate Life America’s financial stewardship and successes in donor designation, donation education and public promotion activities.
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
Donate Life America is able to perform its vital work with revenue from three main funding sources:
- Contributions from individuals, corporate partners and education assessment supporters
- Revenues from the product sales and services to the donation community
- License fees and event registration fees
FY 2021 Operating Expenses
- Education programs
- Campaign materials
- National Donate Life Registry
- National meetings and conferences
- Web & technology
- Management & general
- Fundraising expenses
What do financial contributions make possible?
National Leadership & Collaboration
- Management and promotion of the Donate Life brand – the national symbol for the cause of organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Educating the public on the importance of registering as a donor and sharing that decision with family. There are currently more than 170 million people registered including more than 10 million in the National Donate Life Registry.
- Continuing to provide hope to those waiting for a lifesaving transplant. In 2022, more than 42,000 organ transplants were performed as a direct result of Donate Life America’s efforts.
- Ensuring a culture of sustained innovation within the donation and transplantation community.
National Donate Life Registry
- Management of the mobile-friendly, secure National Donate Life Registry, RegisterMe.org.
- Partnering with technology leaders to bring donation registration to all smart phones.
- The creation of the National Donate Life Living Donor Registry, built as a part of the National Donate Life Registry, projected to launch in 2023.
Public Education & Outreach
- Research on public attitudes towards donation to inform education initiatives.
- Reaching diverse communities to drive organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Educating the public on the importance of living donation.
- Development and implementation of national marketing campaigns, print materials, and digital resources to educate the public on organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Management and growth of the Donate Life America social media platforms and our public website, DonateLife.net.
Donate Life America, as a tax-exempt non-profit organization, annually files a Form 990 with the Internal Revenue Service to provide information to the public on the organization’s finances, public support, and activities.
DLA’s tax identification number is 54-1626038.