20 Million in 2012 Campaign – How You Can Help
Recently the donation and transplantation community celebrated the achievement of 100 million registered organ, eye and tissue donors. However, as long as the need for donated organs surpasses the supply and patients die awaiting a lifesaving transplant, more must be done.
To address this critical need, Donate Life America has launched the 20 Million in 2012 campaign. Local, state and national events like Donate Life Flaunt Your Blue and Green, Donate Life Linking Hands, Donate Life Champions and Fan for Life, and Donate Life Flash Mobs will help to draw attention to the need but reaching the goal will require the involvement and action of Everyone who has been touched by donation and transplantation. This means you!
Here’s how you can help:
- Register to be a donor at donatelifeamerica.org
- Prepare your “elevator speech” to make sure it includes the request of someone to register as a donor.
- Share your donation/transplantation story with friends in person, in writing, by email or phone (ask them to register with their state donor registry or at donatelifeamerica.org).
- Share your story with the Donate Life community by visiting Facebook and write on the wall
- Volunteer with your local recovery agency
- Use the Hope card
- Order and use promotional items; order at http://store.donatelife.net/
- Use 20 Million in 2012 Web banners and Facebook button
On behalf of Donate Life America and the many people who will be touched by your efforts, thank you for your commitment. Check back often for updates on the 20 Million in 2012 campaign.